Sunday, December 31, 2017

... and I'm done

It's the last day of December (and, in fact, 2017) and this post means I've successfully completed my Daily Dolls' House December challenge for the second year running.

Although (as usual) I feel like I've cheated somehow, even though the 'rules' are only to blog something mini related every single day for the month.

So the fact that rather a lot of the posts included pictures of miniature cushions in various stages of completion fits the criteria.

Things I managed to complete included a bunch of potted plants, some school chairs with recycled wood seating, a scene that's had bits hanging round since April 2014 (most pleased at that one!), and two other big (and three little) scenes from scratch (I'm not counting the pop-up bar which didn't get finished before I put the pieces away, but am counting the scene from this blog post, which you'll get to when I finish reminiscing...)

I also did one round-up post, which ended up being more work than just throwing a scene together and blogging it.

What I didn't manage to do was make much headway on my five stalled projects, or the tub of miniature mending I bring out to stare at every boxing day. Maybe next year?

And on that note, here's my final scene for 2017, showing how I plan to spend this evening*:
One-twelfth scale modern miniature scene of a black iron bed with white embroidered bedding next to a wooden chest of drawers with a stack of design books and a glass of sparking wine on it.
(Rather similar to a scene I made during my first Daily Dolls' House December challenge, the synchronicity of which pleases me greatly).

(*Books may differ from those on the actual reading pile: as I really can't be bothered going through the rigmarole of making miniature versions of the actual books I plan to read tonight, and would prefer to just go and read them!)

4 comments :

m1k1 said...

It's been a delight to see your daily posts. I'll set my alarm for December 1st, 2018, and then I'll be ready for next year. Have a great year.

AMCSviatko said...

No pressure then :-P

modernist molly said...

I always love Your December posts. Not so many modern mini postings now. So many people have disappeared from the blogosphere. Your work is always inspiring.

AMCSviatko said...

Thanks Modernist Molly, and you're right about modern mini blogs (I've had to move computers and was saddened to see you were one of the mini blogs that has disappeared when I was checking my feeds...)
Many of us can be found microblogging in places like Instagram, but I still think there's a place for long-form blogging (if only because many of our blogs are archived). I suspect that time is an issue for many former bloggers...